Temple Shalom Holiday Services 2019
Temple Shalom Congregants’ Tickets:
Service tickets are open to all members of Temple Shalom who are current with financial obligations through August 31, 2019. They will be automatically mailed out by August 26. If you need to fulfill payments, then tickets must be picked up directly in the office.
Please be aware of the following ticket information:
- Individual members will receive a single ticket.
- Family Members: Each head of household will receive one “Family Ticket.” Each of those “Family Tickets” will have the name of each child that is confirmed to attend services. Children do not need individual tickets.
- Children in grades 3–6 are suggested to attend the Youth Service, information listed below.
- Congregants’ adult children and their spouses, under 30 years old, who are not residing in the household, are qualified under the “Family Ticket.” If you have not already submitted those names to the office, please do so to receive the correct tickets.
- Adult children, 30 years and older, their spouses, and parents of congregants are welcome at all services by purchasing tickets through the Temple office. Prices are listed on the front page of this newsletter.
- No one will be admitted to the services without showing tickets with the exception of the following: Community Family Service, 2nd day Rosh Hashanah, Tashlich, and Yizkor services.
- TICKETS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE. Each ticket is only valid for the person(s) named on that ticket. Therefore, under no circumstances can tickets be transferred to another individual.
- Tickets are available for purchase in the Temple office or via mail. If you are mailing, please send in payment NO LATER THAN September 13, 2019. Make sure to include all of the names of those people you are purchasing tickets for, their relationship to you, and which services you are purchasing tickets for. You will be instructed if they will be mailed or need to be picked up in the office depending on timing of request.
- Sanctuary doors will open one hour prior to the start of services. Please remember, beginning in 2018, the sanctuary seating is no longer turned around. All seating now faces the ark..
- TICKETS FOR PURCHASE: Congregants may purchase additional tickets for $75.00 per person, which allows entry to all services, or $50 per person for a single holiday service, either Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur. Non-members/general public may purchase tickets for $118 per person or $300 for a family of 4 or more. These tickets are for entry to all services over the holiday season.
YOUTH SERVICE: PLEASE NOTE THIS SERVICE IS BEING OFFERED FOR CHILDREN IN GRADES 3–6 ONLY. Services begin at 10:00am and run simultaneously with the main sanctuary service. Please have an adult check in each student at the classroom door. The Youth Advisor will have each student’s name on a list; there are no tickets provided. These services have been written and prepared for children under B’nai Mitzvah age and will be conducted by the Senior Youth Group.
COMMUNITY FAMILY SERVICE: This service is conducted specifically to encourage parents and young children to worship together. It is open to the entire community. No tickets are required for entrance. Please invite families you know who may be interested in joining us.
BABYSITTING: We will provide a staffed babysitting service on the first day of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur through 2:00pm. You must reserve a spot in advance. If we do not have children signed up for a particular service, we reserve the right to cancel the sitter scheduled for that time. It is still advised to make your own private sitter arrangements if possible. This service is to assist those who are unable to make arrangements outside of the Temple. Children may want to bring a toy or two to entertain themselves. Please contact Dana Battaglia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732.888.3130 to make a reservation.
We ask for your discretion in attending services with young children. We recommend that you find seats close to an exit in the event you need to step outside with your child.
For safety reasons, strollers are not permitted in the Sanctuary.
SPECIAL REQUESTS: If you have a need for accessible seating, a wheelchair, a large print prayer book, or hearing–impaired devices (2 available), please contact Dana Battaglia at email@example.com or 732.888.3130. Requests honored on a first–call–first–serve basis. Every effort will be made to accommodate those in need.
PARKING LOT: In addition to our regular parking lot, there will be additional parking available on the Temple grounds. Parking is permitted on Church Street and on the neighboring streets. Please do not block any driveways. You will be ticketed, and your car will be towed.
Please be mindful of the additional special needs parking spaces in the lot. They are set aside, on a first–come–first– serve basis, for those congregants who truly need them. Additionally, there will be a very limited number of labeled parking spaces for those congregants whose contributions last year to the Circle of Giving entitle them to a reserved parking spot.
For the safety of all, please be mindful of the revised traffic pattern in the lot during the holiday season.
SECURITY: We are making every effort to ensure that your worship is both meaningful and safe. Please understand that the security procedures we have implemented are for your safety and peace of mind. For security reasons, please bring your tickets to all services. Only “Open to Community” services do not require tickets (Family, Second Day Rosh Hashanah, Yizkor). Please be aware that there will be security officers on–site throughout our holy days. All bags and packages will be subject to search.