We Couldn't Do it without You
Temple Shalom depends on your generosity to remain financially healthy. There are many ways in which you can express your generosity. Contact the Temple office at 732-566-2621 to discuss supporting one of the funds listed below. You can also donate securely via the PayPal button.
Memorials & Simchas
- Stained Glass Window - Donation $5,000
A special gift to honor a Simcha or remember loved ones.
- Tree of Life - Donation $175
Honor special family occasions with an engraved leaf on the tree bearing the name of the person honored.
- Pews - Double Seat $300 or Triple Seat $450
Recognize a Simcha or memorial with a plate affixed to a pew.
- Friday Night Oneg Sponsorship - Donation $75 minimum
Celebrate a birthday, anniversary, engagement, marriage, Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
- Memorial (Yahrzeit) Plaque - Members $225 / Non-Members $325
The traditional way to memorialize those who have passed away. Names read from the pulpit on their yahrzeit each year.
- Tree for Israel Certificates - Donation $18 per tree
A gift with special significance that helps the restoration of Israel’s forests.
There are several well established funds that you can choose to direct your contribution. The following named funds have a minimum $10 donation.
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund: Rabbi’s discretion.
- Cantor’s Discretionary Fund: Cantor’s discretion
- Israeli Scholarship Fund: Helps Confirmation class members pay for a URJ-sponsored trip to Israel.
- Library Fund: For new books and support for the library.
- Mitzvah Fund: To support various areas of need in the Temple.
- Prayer Book Fund: Maintains prayer books. Book plates may be purchased for $25.
- Religious School Enhancement Fund: For special programs to enhance Religious School education.
- YES Fund (Youth, Education, and Special Projects) $18: Directed by Women of Temple Shalom for student scholarships and community projects centered on social justice and youth programs.
- The Growing Fund (Women of Temple Shalom): To celebrate and honor occasions and accomplishments of children.
- Mitzvah Corps Fund: To assist the children participating in the NFTY Urban Mitzvah Corps.
- Alan J Malinger Rock Shabbat Fund: Supports Rock Shabbat and other special music programs.
- Alfred Sackerman Memorial Garden Fund: Supports maintenance and beautification of the garden at the Temple’s main entrance.
- Burton J. Jacowitz Social Justice Fund: Provides one merit-based award annually to a Confirmation student who attends the L’Taken Social Justice Seminar of the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism.
- Larry Sadja Memorial Fund: To provide funds for the beautification of the sanctuary and the building.
- Lear-Winograd College Connection Fund: Helps to keep in contact with higher education students living away from home.
- Lee Gura Music and Choir Fund: For support needed by Cantor and Choir.
- Michael Henry Memorial Children’s Fund: Assists financially needy children in pursuit of Jewish experiences.
- Natalie Rubin Family Caring Fund: Helps fund activities and support groups needed by Temple families through the Caring Community.
- Ronald Arnold Youth Fund: Supports Temple Youth programs.
- Saul Sahner Library/Education Endowment: To provide financial support for the library and to encourage and support research and scholarship.
- Scholar-in-Residence Fund: To assist in securing appropriate scholars to participate in the annual Scholar-in-Residence program.
- Shalom Cares: To provide Shabbat meals and/or other items to bereaved families and to those who are coping with serious illness.
- Shalom Rocks Concert Fund: Provides inspiring and energizing Jewish music that brings our community together in song.
- The Technology Fund: To assist in maintaining a viable computer network and training for efficient Temple operations.
- The William and Harriet Kossin Memorial Backpack Buddies Fund: To support local school children to end hunger, one backpack at a time.
- Wallace H. Steinberg Family Education Fund: To provide funds for Family Education programs.
Spotlight Fund - Alan J Malinger Rock Shabbat
This fund was established in 2019 by Dennis & Phyllis Malinger, in loving memory of their brother Alan J Malinger, father of Rabbi Laurence Malinger. The purpose of The Alan J Malinger Rock Shabbat Fund is for support of Shabbat Night Live services and other special music programs over the course of the year that will raise the roof, open our hearts, and fill our world with song!
A committee was formed to pursue popular Jewish talent to come to the Temple to musically enhance selected Friday night services. The 2019/2020 Shabbat Night Live Services are on November 1, 2019 with Noah Aronson, March 27 with Elana Arian and May 15, 2020 with Joe Buchanan.
These Shabbat services are free and open to the public. Check the calendar for more dates and details.