New! Free 1 Year of Membership for New Members Enrolling a 3rd Grader. Click here for Details: 1 Year of Free Membership
Temple Shalom students depict Torah stories.
Temple Shalom Religious School offers an exciting, integrated spiraling curriculum that includes studies in Jewish values, Torah, Jewish Holidays & Festivals, Israel, Prayer & God, Hebrew and more. Our students are active learners who create, explore, and are guided as they discover the relevance of Judaism in their lives. Our students learn the value of community as they participate in multi-grade family experiences, field trips, retreats and other educational & social activities.
The objectives for Temple Shalom Religious School include:
Find joy in living a Jewish life
Students research in Temple Shalom’s computer lab.
- Identify with the greater Temple Shalom Jewish community here, in Israel and throughout the world
- Develop a stronger integration between home and synagogue
- Understand Jewish holidays and the calendar
- Learn biblical stories and interpretative literature about Jewish values and history
- Learn Hebrew as a living language including conversational terms, blessings and songs
- Create familiarity with the prayers in the Siddur in order to participate in religious services
- Learn to put Jewish values into actions and decisions which promote justice, freedom and peace
For more information email Cindy Terebush
, Director of Schools or call 732-566-2961.